Grilled Steak and Potato Wraps
One of my favorite hearty meals made in wrap form for easy on-the-go eating or for a slightly lighter take on the classic steak and potatoes meal!
Grilled Steak and Potato WrapsJump to Recipe
This post is sponsored by McCormick. I used their Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning for these Grilled Steak and Potato Wraps! Be sure to follow them on Facebook and Instagram for more great recipes!
I grew up in a meat and potatoes family. Grilling steaks and baking potatoes was a frequent menu item in our house and the flavors are something that I still think of as home. But, I’ve also realized that I don’t want to (and probably shouldn’t) eat huge portions of steak and potatoes regularly. That’s why I love these Grilled Steak and Potato Wraps! They have all the flavors that remind me of my childhood but in a smaller portion.
Plus, you can take them on the go! It’s pretty hard to do that with a huge T-Bone steak.
To season the steaks, I use a liberal amount of McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning. I basically create a crust on the steak with the seasoning and it grills up beautifully. The seasoning gives the wrap loads of flavor and even a little crunch which is nice. Must try!
For the potatoes, I used fingerling potatoes which I tossed with olive oil, salt, and pepper and grilled at the same time as my steak. Not rocket science but just make sure they are cooked through and tender throughout.
To finish off the wraps, I added some baby spinach and some French’s mustard to bring the flavors together! The mustard is very important. Steak and potatoes are rich ingredients and the sharp tang of the mustard cuts through the richness. Awesome combo!
I had this wrap for lunch one day and the next day actually turned it into a spinach salad with the steak and potatoes as a topping. So delicious and my kids absolutely crushed the steak. I’m not sure I’ve seen them eat more of a single item recently.
If you are a steak and potatoes lover but are feeling the need for some portion control, this wrap is a great option! Enjoy!
Grilled Steak and Potato Wraps
- 1 ¼ pounds Sirloin Steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 large tortilla wraps
- French’s yellow mustard for serving
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Drizzle steak with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season liberally with McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning. In a separate bowl, half fingerling potatoes and drizzle with two tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add steak to grill and grill for 5-6 minutes per side until the steak has good grill marks and reaches an internal temperature of at least 140˚ F in the thickest part of the steak.
- Cook the potatoes at the same time in a grill pan, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are crispy in parts and tender in the center. They will need about 15 minutes to cook through.
- Remove steak and potatoes from the grill. The steak will probably be done a few minutes ahead of the potatoes. Let steak rest for five minutes before slicing.
- Slice the steak into thin strips. If there is a noticeable grain to the steak, try to slice it against the grain.
- Make a wrap by adding about ½ cup of baby spinach to a large flour tortilla. Add ¼ pound of sliced steak, chopped potatoes, and a drizzle of French’s yellow mustard.
- Roll wrap tightly and slice in half.
- Wraps make a great on-the-go dinner or lunch option!
Did you make this?
Snap a photo and tag @macheesmo so I can see your work.
How to Grill the Steak and Potatoes
You only need one thing to make this steak delicious: Montreal Steak Seasoning! It’s one of my favorite steak blends.
I gave some measurements in the recipe but honestly you just want to coat the steak in the seasoning. You are looking for a crust on the entire steak. I don’t actually measure when I’m using it unless I’m writing a recipe.
Toss the steak on the grill and let it cook on medium-high heat for about 6 minutes per side. The cooking time can vary quite a bit based on thickness of the steak so the best way to know it’s done is to use a meat thermometer.
You can cook the potatoes at the same time! I tossed my fingerlings in a grill pan, cut in half and seasoned with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Keep it simple!
The potatoes will need about 18-20 minutes, stirring them occasionally. They are done when they are tender throughout and crispy in spots!
How to Make the Steak and Potato Wraps
My only tip for making these wraps is to make sure and let the steak rest for a few minutes before slicing it. Use a sharp knife to slice the steak and if the steak has a noticeable grain on it, then try to slice against the grain to ensure the pieces are really tender.
Pile some spinach on a wrap with some sliced grilled potatoes, sliced steak, and a drizzle of French’s Mustard! The tang of the mustard really cuts through the richness of the potatoes and steak. A great flavor add!
I love using the little fingerling potatoes for these wraps because they cook quickly and come in fun colors! The purple ones look great in the wraps!
There is nothing fancy about these Grilled Steak and Potato Wraps but I think you’ll love the flavors! They would make a great lunch, but personally my family had them for dinner and loved them!