Usually short ribs are braised or roasted low and slow but this approach is the opposite. Toss them on the grill until charred and serve them with a bright and acidic chimichurri sauce! If you’re a meat lover, this is for you!
Red Chimichurri Sauce:
Make the red chimichurri sauce:
1) Chop up garlic and onion as fine as you can (a mini food processor pulsed a few times would work).
2) Stir in all the other ingredients into the garlic and onion. Let it sit for at least an hour before serving.
Make the ribs:
1) Give the ribs a liberal dose of Kosher salt and pepper and let them sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes before hitting the grill. Cover them lightly so they don’t attract dust and dirt.
2) Put the ribs fat side down, on the hottest part of your grill. Don’t touch them for a few minutes and then turn them to sear each side. Should take about 8 minutes to sear the ribs completely.
3) Move the ribs to a slightly lower heated area. If you are using charcoal, that will be around the outside of the grill. Let them cook slowly for about another 10-12 minutes in this area. Still give them a turn every once in awhile, but no need to hover.
4) Remove from the grill, top with the red chimichurri sauce and enjoy!