Grilled Pumpkin (using 2/3 of a medium sized pumpkin)
1) Whisk sweet heat glaze together in a bowl.
2) Peel the pumpkin with a vegetable peeler or paring knife (you can skip this part if you want – it was difficult and would probably be better with the rind left on).
3) Slice peeled pumpkin into half-inch segments and toss with a bit of olive oil.
4) Place on hot grill.
5) Baste right away with the sweet heat glaze.
6) Turn them every 3-4 minutes and glazed the other side for a total of 10 minutes.
Butternut Squash Soup
1) Cube up all the squash. You will need to peel it which, again, is kind of a pain, but it’s worth the effort.
2) Get a large soup pan or sauce pan going over high heat and add butter.
3) Sauté onions and carrots for 5 minutes until they start to soften, then add squash and pumpkin.
4) Cook for another 5-10 minutes and then add liquid!
5) Bring everything to a boil and let it simmer for about 20 minutes or until the veggies are very tender.
6) Using a blender or immersion blender, take everything for a spin.
7) Pour blended soup back into large pot and return it to medium heat.
8) Add all the spices and taste for salt and pepper. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and some chives