- In a food processor, combine garlic, ginger, gochujang, rice wine, olive oil, and lime juice. Process until the mixture is smooth. Set aside 1/3 of the mixture for serving with the pork steaks.
- Using a sharp knife, slice pork butt into about 1/2-inch steaks. They can be different sizes, but try to make sure they are roughly the same width.
- Add sliced steaks to a bowl and coat with marinade. Let rest for at least 60 minutes, but overnight in the fridge is best.
- When ready to grill, heat grill to two-zone heat. One zone, high direct heat, and one lower indirect heat zone.
- Wipe grates with oil right before grilling to prevent sticking. Grill steaks for 6 minutes per side over direct heat. Then move to indirect heat and allow them to cook slowly and rest for another 8-10 minutes. This helps some of the fat render out of the steaks. Finished steaks should have great char marks on them from the marinade and be juicy still when pressed slightly.
- Remove steaks and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- When ready serve, slice steaks into 1/4-inch slices and serve with rice, green leaf lettuce, cilantro, sliced cucumbers, and extra sauce on the side.
Inspired by a Bon Appetit Test Kitchen recipe.