A grilled whole wheat pizza crust topped with charred fresh sweet corn, fresh zucchini and lots of other great summer flavors.
Whole Wheat Dough (adapted from a Tablespoon recipe):
Pizza Toppings (makes two):
1) In a small bowl, combine yeast, water and 1 tsp sugar. Let sit for five minutes.
2)In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 2 cups flour, salt and remaining sugar. Make a well in the center and add yeast mixture and olive oil.
3) Stir using the paddle attachment or a spoon until the dough just comes together, then knead, either by hand or in a stand mixer fixed with the dough hook, for about 5 minutes (3-4 minutes if using stand mixer).
4) Add remaining flour in 1 tbsp increments just until dough pulls away from sides of the bowl or is no longer sticky.
5) Shape dough into two dough balls and place on a lightly greased sheet. Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap to rise until doubled, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
6) Working with one dough piece at a time, roll the dough out into a large rectangle. Dust the dough with flour to make sure it doesn’t stick as you work with it. Store the dough on a baking sheet until needed.
1) Dice toppings making sure to slice zucchini and red onion very thinly.
2) For corn, brush lightly with oil and grill for 10-15 minutes over high heat until corn is nicely charred. You can also broil it on high heat, turning every 2-3 minutes, until charred. Let cool and then cut corn off of cob.
3) Combine corn, red onion, and zucchini in a bowl with a small handful of fresh cilantro. Toss with red pepper flakes, and juice from half a lime. Season with salt and pepper.
4) PReheat grill to HIGH heat and make sure it’s very clean. Take one of your rolled out doughs and gently place it directly on grill grates. Grill for 90 seconds.
5) Flip dough and rub with two tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with mashed garlic. Then top with shredded mozzarella and half of the corn toppings.
6) Cover grill and let cook for another 5-6 minutes.
7) Remove pizza with a large spatula and sprinkle with lime juice. Slice and serve immediately! You can repeat with the second pizza dough.