1) For slaw, shred cabbage finely with a knife or in a food processor. Grate carrots and slice red peppers thin. Then mince jalapeno and scallions and add to a bowl.
2) Stir in sour cream and white wine vinegar and season well with salt and pepper. Let this sit for 20 minutes or so before serving (or make it a day in advance).
3) For cream mixture, stir lime juice and adobo sauce into sour cream. Just use the sauce from the chipotle can (not the actual peppers).
4) To prepare the fish, preheat grill to medium-high heat. Season fish well with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil, and place a few pats of butter on the fish. Wrap white fish filets in foil tightly.
5) Grill the fish wrapped in foil for about 5 minutes per side until it’s cooked through, but light and flakey. It’ll be hard to overcook it because of the foil wrapping.
6) When you’re ready to make a taco (or 8), grill tortillas for 10 seconds just to warm them up. Then add some slaw to a tortilla and top with some flaked fish, a spoon of spicy sauce, and any other toppings you want (avocados, queso fresco, and cilantro).
You’ll have leftover slaw which is great just to eat as a side dish!