Bright and fresh and just spicy enough! This Grilled Chicken with Cantaloupe Salsa is brought to life with minced habanero! YUM!
1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts (4 cutlets)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
Cantaloupe Habanero Salsa:
2 cups minced cantaloupe
1/2 cup minced red onion
1 habanero, seeded and minced
1/2 lime, juice only
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
Kosher salt, to taste
- To make salsa, use a sturdy chef knife to slice the peel off of half of a cantaloupe. Then scoop out seeds and mince the flesh into about 1/4-inch pieces.
- To prep habanero, cut pepper in half and cut out seeds and stem. Then mince finely and add to cantaloupe. Wash hands, cutting board, and knife well to prevent cross-contamination.
- Stir salsa together with other salsa ingredients and set aside.
- Rub chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with spices. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill chicken cutlets for 6-7 minutes per side until they are cooked through and reach 165 F˚ in the thickest parts of the cutlet.
- Remove chicken and let rest for a few minutes.
- Serve grilled chicken topped with cantaloupe salsa and garnished with extra lime and cilantro.
Leftovers keep great for 3-4 days. Keep the salsa and the chicken separately.