Grilled Chicken Pita SandwichesJump to Recipe
I sometimes have to remind myself that dinner doesn’t have to be a full spread of plates and side dishes. Sometimes a hearty, simple sandwich is more than enough for a great meal.
I served these Grilled Chicken Pita Sandwiches, which are stuffed with fresh peaches, tomatoes, herbs, and a tangy yogurt sauce, for dinner with absolutely nothing else. My family loved them and I found one big pita sandwich to be plenty filling. It sort of hits all the important meal notes.
To kick up my grilled chicken a notch, I used Harry & David Peach Hatch Chili Grilling Sauce, which you can snag along with any other two sauces of your choosing right now! Package a few sauces together to make simple dinner options easy!
My favorite part of this pita sandwich is the fresh peaches, which are perfect this time of year and you can also order from Harry & David right now as well. So make dinner easy by making it a sandwich. A grilled chicken pita sandwich to be exact!
These stuffed grilled chicken pita sandwiches are the perfect light summer dinner. The chicken is marinated and grilled and the fresh peaches tie everything together. Sandwich goals!
- For yogurt sauce, stir together ingredients and store in the fridge until needed.
- Stir together chicken cutlets with Grilling Sauce and let sit for a few minutes to marinate. Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high heat and clean it well.
- Prep your vegetables by slicing the peaches, onion, and tomatoes very thin and washing the sprouts and mint.
- Add chicken to grill and grill for 4-5 minutes per side until chicken is cooked completely and has good grill marks. Baste chicken with grilling sauce as it grills.
- When chicken is done, remove from grill and let rest and then slice into strips.
- Microwave pita bread for 20 seconds on high to puff it up. Then half pita and open it up. Add yogurt sauce to each half and stuff in veggies, sprouts, mint and chicken. Drizzle with extra grilling sauce and serve while warm.
Chicken Peach Pita Sandwiches
These quick grilling sauces from Harry & David are awesome for fast weeknight grilling meals like this. I use them as a marinade and save some for serving as well. The chicken doesn’t need to marinate overnight or anything. A few minutes does the trick, but longer is fine also!
Toss the chicken on a hot grill for a few minutes per side until it’s cooked through. Thinner cutlets will grill pretty fast over medium-high heat. Make sure your grill is nice and clean and even maybe rub it with some oil to prevent sticking.
I like to brush the chicken with a little extra sauce when it comes off the grill. Check out those perfect grill marks!
Now let’s talk sandwiches. Make a nice spread of toppings that people can choose from. The options are many, but definitely include fresh peaches this time of year. They go great on the sandwich.
And a creamy sauce helps balance out the sandwich as well. Nothing fancy… just some greek yogurt, lemon, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
Assemble as you like, but I like a smear of yogurt sauce, some veggies, and the chicken on top.
These grilled chicken pita sandwiches might be my favorite quick and light meal of summer. Make them happen!
Hello! My name is Nick Evans and I write and manage Macheesmo. I started Macheesmo 11 years ago when I was just learning my way around the kitchen. I love to cook and love everything food-related, but I have no formal training. These days I focus on fast, accessible recipes with the occasional “reach” recipe!
I’ve posted almost 2,000 recipes on Macheesmo. For each one, I do my best to give full explanations of what I did and tips on what I’d do differently next time. I’ll bring up the tricky parts and the easy parts.
I hope you can find something and cook something!