1) For rub, mix ingredients in a bowl.
2) Butterfly pork butt but leave a piece attached. Don’t cut it completely in two. Cover entire butt with rub. Let sit overnight in the fridge.
3) Preheat grill to 250 degrees. Use an oven thermometer to ensure even temp.
4) Cook pork butt for 8-10 hours on grill, rotating every 2 hours.
5) Once butt hits 190-200 degrees, it’s done. Then wrap in tin foil and let sit for 30-45 minutes.
6) Use two forks to shred pork butt into strips.
7) As an optional step, mix in 1/4 cup of melted butter in with pork and broil the meat for a few minutes on high to really crisp up the carnitas.
8) Serve with tortillas, guacamole, salsa, onions, cojita, and radishes.