Golden beets cut into strips, sauteed, and tossed with bow tie pasta, goat cheese, and pine nuts! You have got to try this!
1) Cook pasta according to package in salted water. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water when you drain the pasta.
2) Peel the beets and cut them into matchsticks. Slice the onions into strips.
3) In a large skillet, add olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and beets. Season with a pinch of red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper and cook until beets are tender and slightly browned on the edges, about 10 minutes.
4) When pasta is cooked, add drained pasta to the skillet along with 1/2 cup pasta water. Toss together. Add other 1/2 cup of pasta water if the pasta seems really dry.
5) Toast pine nuts in a small skillet over low heat until lightly browned and fragrant.
6) Divide pasta between bowls and top with crumbled goat cheese and pine nuts.