1) Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line two baking sheets with foil and place wire baking racks on top. Lay out wings on wire racks and season with salt and pepper.
2) Bake chicken wings for 30 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, in a small saucepan stir together butter with canola oil, granulated garlic, chives, and hot sauce over low heat. Keep warm but don’t simmer the mixture.
4) When wings are done baking, add them to a large bowl and add half of the garlic butter sauce. Toss to coat wings.
5) Place wings back on baking racks and spoon extra garlic butter mixture on each wing.
6) Bake for a second time for 10-15 minutes until wings are crispy.
7) Serve baked wings with ranch or blue cheese sauce for dipping!
Note: If you don’t have wire baking racks you can bake these wings directly on aluminum foil. Watch them closely during the second baking stage as the garlic might burn if they aren’t elevated off the baking sheet.