Fresh berries make the perfect topping for a dessert pizza. Cooked in the Ooni pizza oven, they turn almost into a jam. Mixed with cream cheese and cinnamon sugar, it’s a great ending to a pizza party!
1 8-ounce pizza dough
Flour for shaping
4 ounces cream cheese or mascarpone
1 cup assorted berries (blueberry, blackberry, raspberry)
Cinnamon sugar, garnish
Fresh mint, garnish
- Preheat your oven, ideally the Ooni pizza oven.
- Flour dough and stretch it using your hands until it’s about 10-12 inches in width. Place on a lightly floured peel.
- Add cream cheese or mascarpone, spreading it in an even layer on the dough.
- Top with berries.
- Slide into the pizza oven.
- Cook pizza for 3-4 minutes, rotating pizza every minute or so to ensure even cooking. If you are cooking in the Ooni, cook on the lowest heat for this pizza. Monitor and rotate pizza frequently to avoid burning.
Alternatively: You can cook the pizza in a traditional oven on a baking stone at 500˚F for 10-12 minutes.
- When pizza comes out, let cool briefly and garnish with cinnamon sugar and fresh mint. Slice and serve immediately!