I use almond extract instead of vanilla for my french toast and also make a honey whipped cream to go with it. Good stuff.
1) If you’re using homemade whipped cream, start by whipping the cream, honey, and mascarpone together in a bowl until the cream forms stiff peaks. Set in the fridge until ready.
2) Use a sturdy bread for this, stale is good, and slice to about 1/3 of an inch thick.
3) Lightly beat your eggs, milk, sugar, extract, and cinnamon together in a dish.
4) Add a dab of butter to a hot pan or griddle over medium heat (I used a cast iron pan).
5) Let your bread soak in the custard mixture for about 15 seconds. (Less if you’re using a flimsy bread, more if you’re using a sturdy bread)
6) Add to the hot pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until the toast is nice and brown.
7) Serve immediately with maple syrup, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and some fresh whipped cream.