These chocolate lava cakes are surprisingly easy to make. They are a show-stopping dessert though.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter your muffin tins and dust them with flour.
2) Melt your chocolate and butter over a double boiler or bring a small pot of water to a simmer and place a second metal bowl over the steaming pot. Use that to gently melt the butter and chocolate.
3) In a separate bowl, mix together all of your other ingredients and combine well. Then pour in your chocolate sauce and stir it up until it is one smooth batter.
4) Then distribute evenly in your cupcake tins.
5) Either bake these immediately at 350 or you can store them in your fridge until you are ready to use them. Remember to take them out of the fridge about 30 minutes before baking to let the ingredients come to room temperature a bit.
6) Bake for 13-15 minutes. They are done when the crusts just start to crack. You should be able to jiggle them and see the middles wiggle a bit.
7) Let them sit for about 3 minutes out of the oven.
8) Then wrap the whole cupcake tin in foil and gently flip it over! Tap gently on the tins and the cakes should come right out. 3/4 of mine were perfect which was pretty good. There is usually one that doesn’t make it.
Then transfer your cakes gently to a plate and dig in!