Muffins made with flax meal, brown sugar, and a dash of cocoa powder. Perfect for breakfast or for a snack!
1 Cup all-purpose flour
1/2 Cup whole wheat flour
1/2 Cup flax meal
1/3 Cup brown sugar (or honey)
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1 Teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 Cup Greek yogurt
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 Cup skim milk
1) Combine all the dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls.
2) Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Try not to overmix. If batter is really dry, add in a bit more milk.
3) Lightly grease a few muffin tins with nonstick spray, oil, or butter.
4) Spoon batter into muffin tins. They should be a bit above 3/4 full. Sprinkle on some flax if you want.
5) Bake at 375 degrees for 16-20 minutes.
6) Cool and serve with some butter or honey!
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-54q.