1) Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and cut in butter using your fingers or a fork until the butter is in pea-sized balls.
2) Cut your figs into 1/4 inch pieces (a bit smaller if you’re using dried) and add your figs to the dry ingredients.
3) Whisk together all your liquids (cream, buttermilk, syrup) and then add all the liquids to the dry stuff.
4) Stir lightly until the batter is combined, but don’t over mix.
5) Drop the batter onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper in 1/4 Cup rounds.
6) Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with raw sugar. The sugar is optional but it’s a nice touch.
7) Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the scones are golden brown.
8) Cool for 10 minutes on a rack before eating.