Did you know you can make bagels out of pizza dough?! It’s true! They don’t quite have the delicious crust as a New York Bagel, but they are pretty tasty. I like mine with Everything seasoning!
- Measure out pizza dough in 2.5-3 ounce balls. Roll balls into a smooth ball and place on a baking sheet in a warm area to rise for 10-15 minutes.
- After balls have rested, shape each ball into a bagel by pushing fingers through the center of the ball and carefully working the opening larger so you have a nice ring. Return shaped bagels to the baking sheet to rest for another 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F, bring a large pot of water to boil, and mix together spice mix.
- When ready to boil, add salt and baking soda to boiling water. Boil bagels for 1 minute per side. After boiling, remove and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle boiled bagels liberally with everything seasoning.
- Bake bagels at 400˚ F. for 18-20 minutes, rotating once halfway through. Finished bagels should be golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve bagels while warm with cream cheese or butter.
Leftover bagels will deflate a bit, but are still good toasted with toppings.