This Breakfast Casserole starts with a surprise ingredient: Everything Bagels! Add some bacon, cheese (2 kinds) and a classic custard mix and breakfast is ready! Easy to make ahead and always a crowd pleaser!
NOTE: It’s best to let this casserole sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight before baking, but it can be baked right away and is still great.
- In a medium skillet, add bacon and place over medium heat. Cook until bacon is crispy, 5-6 minutes. Remove bacon bits but keep the grease in the skillet.
- Add chopped bagel bites to the skillet and toss to coat with bacon grease. Cook in the skillet for 3-4 minutes to toast bagels.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, milk, and cream.
- Transfer half of the toasted bagel cubes to a greased 8×8 baking dish. Top with half of the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and bacon. Then add the rest of the toasted bagel cubes and the rest of the cheeses and bacon on top.
- Pour the custard mixture over the casserole and use a fork to make sure everything is distributed evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Store in the fridge overnight or bake immediately in a preheated 350˚ oven for 40 minutes until the center is set and the edges are browned and crispy.
- Let the casserole cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving garnished with scallions.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to five days. Reheat in the microwave or you can reheat the whole casserole in the oven until warmed through.