All the classic flavors of the great Mexican street snack, Elote, but jammed into a delicious cream cheese spread! Perfect for a savory bagel or on toast! Charred corn, chili, and queso fresco! Spread it on thick!
- Preheat broiler to high heat. Shuck corn well. Wash and dry thoroughly.
- Broil corn for 1-2 minutes per side until it’s nicely charred. (You can also grill the corn but I would only bother with heating up the grill if you were going to grill something else anyway.)
- Remove corn from broiler and let cool. Then slice kernels off.
- Add kernels to a bowl with cream cheese, spices, queso fresco, and salt. Mash together well.
- Generously smear spread on toasted bagels or toast for a great summer breakfast!
Spread will keep well in the fridge for a week or so in an airtight container.