These are the perfect easy eggplant parmesan dish. Easier to make than the classic baked dish, but still has all the flavors!
1 large eggplant, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
3 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
12-16 oz. mozzarella, grated
2-3 oz. shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup marinara sauce
Fresh basil, garnish
- Cut the eggplant into 1/4-inch slices. In a large bowl, stir together the flour and spices. In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs.
- Dip each slice of eggplant in the eggs and then in the flour mixture. Transfer dredged eggplant to a plate or resting area.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with about 1 cup of oil. You don’t need a lot but there should be a nice layer on the pan.
- Add eggplant slices in batches and fry for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove eggplant slices and let drain.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add flatbreads to a baking sheet and bake them for four minutes with nothing on them.
- Remove from oven and top each flatbread with 1/4 cup marinara, mozzarella cheese, eggplant slices, a little more Parmesan cheese (don’t overdo the cheese), and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for another 8 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil, slice and serve!