1) Cut off ends of each eggplant and cut them into matchsticks.
2) Submerge eggplant fries for at least 30 minutes in ice cold water. You might need to weigh them down for something.
3) Mix rice flour or cornmeal with other spices.
4) Mix dipping sauce if you’re using it.
5) Set up frying station and heat oil to 350 degrees.
6) When ready to fry, take a handful of fries out of water and move to rice flour mixture. Coat lightly on each side.
7) Move immediately to fryer and fry for 4-5 minutes.
8) Remove fries and let drain for a minute on a paper towel. Serve immediately!