For your cookie platters this season, add some of these Eggnog Frosted Sugar Cookies! They are easy to make and perfect for the holiday season. Go heavy on the eggnog frosting. It’s delicious!
1) In a stand mixer with the paddle mixer or with a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add egg yolks and mix on low until combined. Add vanilla and combine.
2) In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add half of these dry ingredients to the creamed butter mixture mix until just combined. Then add eggnog followed by the last of the dried ingredients. Mix dough once again until it’s just combined and you can’t see any flour. Try not to overmix. Place dough in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
3) Preheat oven to 350˚F. When dough is chilled, make a tablespoon-sized ball out of the dough and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover the ball with wax paper (I think it helps to spray the paper with a little nonstick spray). Then use a cut to gently press the cookie flat. Repeat until you use all the dough. You should get about 24 cookies.
4) Bake cookies at 350˚F for 11-13 minutes until they are lightly browned. Remove cookies and let cool completely before frosting.
5) Make frosting by whipping butter with a mixer until it’s light and fluffy. Then add eggnog and cinnamon and mix over low speed. Very slowly add powdered sugar until the mixture forms a thick, spreadable paste.
Frost cookies and garnish with sprinkles. Store leftover cookies in the fridge for up to a week.