With perfectly ripe tomatoes in season, this breakfast tomato sandwich is one of my favorite ways to start the day in August.
1) Bring about 1/2 inch of water to a boil over medium high heat in a pot big enough to hold your eggs in one layer.
2) When water is boiling, add eggs straight from the fridge.
3) Cover pot and let cook for 8 minutes exactly.
4) Uncover pot and run cold water over eggs for 30 seconds.
5) Peel eggs starting with the larger end of the egg and slowly working up the egg.
6) Slice eggs thick for sandwich
1) Mash together cream cheese with sriracha and a big pinch of salt and pepper.
2) Slice tomatoes thick and season with a pinch of coarse salt
3) Toast roll. Add a smear of mayo to the bottom of the roll and top with tomato slices.
4) Smear other half of roll with cream cheese spread and sprinkle on chopped scallions. Add a sliced egg to each sandwich and press together.
Eat immediately. It’ll be messy.