Easy Grilled SlidersJump to Recipe
This Grilled Sliders Recipe is one of those that banged around inside my head for a while. To be honest, it seemed too easy and I figured I’d probably hit some roadblock and not end up posting it. But, the first time I tried it, it turned out beautifully so here we are!
Turns out you can grill essentially one large burger that’s shaped to be exactly the size of the buns you are using and make really delicious grilled sliders. Toppings are your call, but I like to keep it classic: cheese, mustard, pickles. Nothing fancy!
Three or four of these easy grilled sliders with a little salad actually makes a great meal or you can serve them as a hearty appetizer for any outdoor party. Impress your friends with your grilled slider skills!
- Recipe updated April 2, 2019 just in time for grilling season!
These are the perfect summer appetizer. All made on the grill! Cook the slider filling in one block that’s the same size as your rolls and then assemble them! Genius and delicious!
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. On a baking sheet, shape ground beef into a slightly larger rectangle than the buns. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Cut buns in half longwise with a serrated knife. Take the bottom half of the buns and spread a very thin layer of butter on it. Add buns to grill, cut-side down for 30 seconds. Remove.
- Top buns with a drizzle of mustard and pickles.
- Add beef rectangle to grill. Grill for about 3-4 minutes on the first side. Then flip carefully (might need to use two spatulas). Grill on second side for about 1-2 minutes. Then add cheese. Cover grill.
- When cheese is melted, transfer beef off of grill and move it to prepared slider buns. Add top buns and cut up individual sliders.
- Serve while warm!
How to Cook Sliders on the Grill
The trick to making this work is to not bother with making 12 little individual patties, but instead make one large one that’s the same size of your buns. I used the King’s Hawaiian buns which are in a convenient rectangle.
Shape your beef into a fairly thin patty that’s slightly larger because it will shrink a bit as it grills. Season the beef really well with salt and pepper.
Your grill should be pretty hot for these. Medium-high heat to high heat. I was worried about my buns getting soggy so I decided to butter them very lightly and grill them. Good idea!
On the bottom bun, after grilling it, I drizzled on some mustard and gave each future slider a pickle.
Now time for the patty! Just slide the whole thing onto your grill and let it grill for 3-4 minutes on the first side. It’s thinner than an average burger so it wont’ take as long to cook.
The hardest part is the flip! I recommend using two spatulas.
If it falls a part a bit, no worries. It’ll still make good sliders.
Once you flip the slider patty, add your cheese. Lots is good.
Once your slider patty is off the grill, you can slide it right onto your prepared bun!
Perfect fit right?!
Add the top bun and then slice them up!
Pretty hard to beat these grilled sliders! As far as easy recipes go, this one is a must-try in my book!