Baked easy eggplant pizzas topped with a homemade tomato sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. Half pizza and half eggplant parmesan, these are a great quick meal!
1) Slice eggplant into 3/4-inch slices. If you slice them too thin, they will fall apart while they bake.
2) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place eggplant slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle the eggplant slices well with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
3) Bake eggplant slices for 15 minutes, then flip and bake for another 10-12 minutes until the slices are slightly browned and crisp around the edges.
4) Meanwhile stir together tomato sauce with garlic powder, paprika, red pepper flakes, dried thyme, a drizzle of olive oil, and a small pinch of salt and pepper.
5) When eggplant slices are done, add a smear of tomato sauce to each round, then top with a mound of grated cheese and a few pieces of chopped pepperoni. Add a few fresh leaves of oregano to each pizza.
6) Bake pizzas for another 5 minutes until cheese is melted and browned around the edges.
Serve pizzas while warm as an appetizer or as a meal. 3-4 slices makes a great meal.