Easy Cod Curry BowlsJump to Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything from Sitka Salmon Shares, you help keep the lights on for this website!
I’ve been making a lot of single bowl dinners recently and these Easy Cod Curry Bowls might be my favorite that I’ve made. They have big flavor but are very healthy at the same time.
If you are looking to change-up dinner, I highly recommend trying this recipe out. It’s a great intro to curry recipes and is a wonderful use of cod, a versatile fish that is flakey and wonderful in a curry broth.
Sitka Salmon Shares
I used some Lingcod from my Premium Sitka Salmon Subscription for this recipe and man was it good. I’ve been getting Sitka Salmon Shares for a year now and it’s something I look SO forward to each month. The fish is incredible and the quality is always top-notch.
It is a noticeable difference in quality between their fish and fish at the supermarket and you are supporting small fisheries!
You can get $25 off your premium Sitka Salmon Share by using the code MACHEESMO during checkout.
How to Make Cod Curry Bowls
This recipe starts like so many delicious curry broths, with shallot, garlic, and ginger. I used coconut oil for my fat to start the aromatics but you could use any neutral oil.
Once those have softened for a few minutes, add the green curry paste and continue to cook until fragrant. Then add the coconut, chicken stock, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Smelling good!
Once that is simmering, add in the cod. I kept mine in pretty large chunks.
Continue to simmer on low heat until the cod is just cooked and flakey (about 6-8 minutes). Then add the peas and asparagus.
Make sure to buy thin asparagus so it cooks quickly. Save the thick asparagus for the grilling.
That’s all there is to it for these easy Cod Curry Bowls. Serve them up over rice and garnished with cilantro, sesame seeds, and red chiles!
Storage and Reheating
If you have leftovers, this actually keeps really well in the fridge for a few days. Reheat it gently on the stovetop and it’s possibly even better than on day one as the flavors can meld together.
Try this out this week and be sure to check out Sitka Salmon Shares for premium delivered fish.
These easy Cod Curry Bowls are ready in about 30 minutes and are a delicious and different approach to cooking fish at home. You will love this flavorful and healthy dinner!
- In a large pot over medium heat, add coconut oil followed by shallots, ginger, and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes until aromatics start to soften. Then add green curry paste and cook for another minute or two until very fragrant.
- Stir in coconut milk, chicken stock, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Bring sauce to a slight simmer.
- Add cubed cod pieces and simmer over low heat for 6-8 minutes until cod is cooked through and flakey.
- Once fish is cooked, add peas and asparagus shoots (the thin ones work best). Simmer for another 3-4 minutes until asparagus is tender.
- Divide rice between bowls and top with curry cod and broth. Garnish each bowl with sliced red chiles, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Serve while warm.
Leftover curry keeps well in the fridge for 3 days. Reheat gently on the stovetop.