- To prepare add-ins for soup, shred chicken and drain and rinse can of beans. If you can’t find a rotisserie chicken, you can poach a pound of chicken breasts in lightly salted water for 12-15 minutes until cooked through. Then let cool slightly and shred.
- In a medium/large pot, add chicken stock and bring to a slight simmer. Add orzo pasta and cook until tender with the pot slightly covered. You want the stock to reduce slightly while the pasta cooks.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a bowl until light and frothy, a few minutes. Whisk in lemon juice and lemon zest.
- When pasta is cooked, scoop off 1 cup of hot chicken stock and slowly whisk it into the egg mixture to temper the eggs and raise their temperature slowly.
- Once the eggs are tempered, slowly drizzle them into the soup, whisking constantly, over low heat. Once eggs are added, stir in beans and chicken and let the soup thicken for a minute. Don’t let it boil or the eggs will curdle.
- Season soup with salt and pepper and serve, garnished with lemon slices and/or lemon zest or fresh herbs.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-fXG.