A simple looking salad that has some fantastic flavors and ingredients. It’s hearty enough to almost be a meal!
Date and Nut Mixture:
1) Chop nuts roughly and add to small pan over medium heat with butter and sugar. Cook for a few minutes and stir frequently until sugar melts and nuts brown lightly. It should take just a minute or two. Remove from heat and let nuts cool.
2) Remove pits from dates and combine with candied nuts in a food processor. Pulse a few times to combine but try not to overpulse it. If you don’t have a processor, you can just finely mince the nuts and the dates.
3) Meanwhile, mix together all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
4) Peel and slice cucumber and add to a small bowl with dill, shallots, and vinegar. Stir and let sit for a minute or two.
5) Chop lettuce and dress lightly. Add cucumber mixture and sprinkle on nut/date mixture. You can go pretty heavy on it. Then top with slices of Dubliner (or cheddar) cheese. Serve as an appetizer or main course.