A standard ginger snap recipe spiced up with grated fresh ginger. Fantastic for the holiday season.
1) Cream together butter and sugars using a hand mixer or stand mixer until mixture is light and fluffy. In a seperate bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
2) To butter mixture, add egg, vanilla, molasses, honey, and fresh ginger. Stir to combine.
3) Slowly add dry ingredients in a few batches and stir until dough comes together.
4) Scrape dough out onto clean surface and form a log out of the dough. Wrap the log in plastic wrap tightly and store in the fridge for an hour so the dough can firm up. You can also freeze the dough if you want to store it for a long time.
5) Slice off 1/4 inch cookies using a sharp knife. Dip cookies in coarse sugar on one side and set sugared side up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicon mat.
6) Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool before serving.