These are the ultimate double-baked Sweet Potatoes! Packed with cheese, bacon, and herbs, these are the perfect side dish to almost any meal!
1) Wash potatoes well and lay them out on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and add a pinch of salt. Bake at 350 degrees until potatoes are very tender, probably 45-50 minutes. You can also poke holes in potatoes and microwave them for 2-minute bursts until they are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
2) Let potatoes cool for a few minutes until you can handle them, then use a sharp knife to slice off the top of each potato.
3) Use a spoon to scoop out the potato flesh and add it to a bowl. Mix in other filling ingredients (experiment with browned bacon, caramelized onions, sage, rosemary, etc). Stir well to combine.
4) Scoop filling back into potato shells.
5) Sprinkle on grated cheese (optional).
6) Stick under the broiler for a few minutes until cheese is melted and the potato is slightly browned around the edges. You could also bake at 500 degrees for about 10 minutes.
7) Serve immediately!
You can make these in advance! Fill the potatoes and store them in the fridge. When you’re ready to make them, bake them at 400˚ F. for about 25-30 minutes until the potatoes are warmed through and slighly crispy around the edges.