A healthy and quick dish with sauteed cauliflower and kale combined with curried lentils and flat bread.
Flat Bread Recipe (Recipe from Once Upon a Plate)
1) For dough, combine flour, salt, and sugar in a bowl. Add oil and then slowly add milk until dough comes together in a ball.
2) Knead it on a lightly floured surface for about 8 minutes until it is soft and smooth.
3) Add ball of dough to a lightly oiled bowl and give it a turn to coat the ball. Cover it loosely with plastic wrap and let it rest at room temperature for an hour or so.
4) Cut up the cauliflower (cut off all of the greens around the stalk and then just start working through the head of cauliflower, cutting off each floret evenly).
5) Cut the kale into small ribbons. Take each leaf of kale and, using a knife, cut out the center vein which is very hard, leaving two leaves which you can then cut into kale ribbons.
6) Once dough has rested, cut it into 5 even pieces.
7) Heat pizza stone in a 500 degree oven (if you have a broiler, use that).
8) Roll out each piece of dough until it’s very thin and then top it with some diced scallion. Slide the naan off peel and onto stone and let it cook for 3-5 minutes depending on your oven. If you don’t have a pizza stone, you can bake these just on a normal sheet pan. They’ll still be good, but probably just not as crunchy on the exterior.
9) Cook lentils according to the package directions (Most likely this means adding 2 cups of water for every cup of lentils into a large pot and getting it boiling) adding spices half way through the cooking process.
10) Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large pan and add cauliflower. Cook florets over medium-high heat for about 10-15 minutes until the florets start to brown a bit.
11) Add onions and cook them until they are translucent – probably another 5 minutes.
12) Add kale along with a pinch of salt. Cook this for just a few more minutes until the kale starts to wilt.
13) Add all veggies to the lentil pot and stir everything together and season with other spices.
14) Stir it well and let it sit for a minute or two just to let all the flavors mingle.
15) Serve it up next to the flat bread!