These scones are some of my favorite! Easy to make and they have a perfect buttery texture!
1) Whisk together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
2) Cut up the butter into pieces.
3) Work the cubed butter into the flour mixture like you would a pie crust. You could use a mixer for this but I prefer my hands or a dough tool for cutting in butter. Stir in currants.
4) Mix the milk and eggs separately and add those to the large bowl.
5) Drop onto an ungreased baking sheet using about 1/4-1/3 Cup for each scone. Optionally, brush with milk and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
6) Bake at 375 for about 15 – 17 minutes.
7) Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before biting into them.