1) Get all the dry ingredients mixed up (flours, salt, baking powder, sugar).
2) Mush up the bananas.
3) Get the other dry ingredients ready (coconut, currants, and walnuts).
4) In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together using a hand mixer, food processor, or even a whisk.
5) After a few minutes, the butter/sugar mixture should be nice and light. Then beat in one egg at a time and all the banana mush.
6) Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine them well.
7) Stir in the goodies.
8) Pour this batter into a standard 9 X 5 inch loaf pan that has been coated with butter and lightly floured.
9) Bake for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees. A toothpick inserted in the very center should come out pretty clean.
10) Once it’s done baking, cool for about 5 minutes, then remove it from the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack. It needs to at least cool for 30 minutes. Slice it up!