Instructions and photos on how to make yogurt simply using your crockpot!
1) Clean your crockpot well and add the milk. Heat it on low until it registered 175-185 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Once it’s that temperature, turn off the crockpot and let the milk slowly cool until it registers 110-120 degrees. This will take at least an hour. No need to rush it.
3) Once it’s at that temperature, take out 1 Cup of warm milk and add 1/2 Cup of yogurt. Stir it well to make sure the yogurt is dissolved. Pour this mixture back into the warm milk and stir to combine.
4) Cover crockpot and place a large towel on top to insulate the crockpot. Keep the crockpot off but make sure the milk is staying in the 110-120 degree range. Maintain this temperature for 6-8 hours.
5) You might need to turn on the crockpot briefly on it’s lowest setting for 10 minute bursts to keep the milk in the right range.
6) Once the time is up, you can scoop out any extra liquid and stir the yogurt together or pour it onto some cheesecloth and strain it for an hour to make a thicker yogurt (Greek yogurt).
7) Feel free to add fruit or flavorings to the yogurt once it’s done!