This is a super simple but hearty potato and leek soup that’s designed to be ready after a hard day at work or outside in the cold.
1) Cube potatoes into 1-1 1/2 inch cubes. It’s okay to leave the skin on with new potatotes. If you use Russet, then peel them.
2) Add veggies to a crockpot along with spices.
3) Add vegetable stock and enough water to almost cover the ingredients.
4) Cover and cook on low heat for about 8 hours (or high heat for 5-6 hours)
5) When it’s done, stir soup and season with salt and pepper. Stir in cream right before serving.
6) Serve with various toppings.
7) To make tortilla strips, just cut about 10 corn tortillas into long strips. Bake them at 350 degrees on a sheet pan for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let them cool and they will get very crispy.