These tacos are so good you won’t miss the meat. Tempeh lightly fried has great texture and works great in taco form.
1) For the sauce, combine the sour cream, chili garlic sauce, and rice vinegar and stir to combine. Adjust for your tastes and set aside until it’s taco time.
2) Slice your red onions really thin and add them to a bowl along with some juice from pickled jalapenos and/or lime juice. Let this sit for a few minutes.
3) Slice tempeh 1/8 inch thick.
4) Add some oil to a large pan or skillet until the oil evenly covers the bottom of the pan. Add tempeh pieces to pan over medium high heat. Cook until tempeh is really crispy, about 4 minutes per side.
5) Add sauce, tempeh, and other toppings to tacos and eat them.