These fast and delicious crispy chickpea tacos are one of my favorite vegetarian tacos. They are plenty filling and have great toppings: a quick slaw and a creamy avocado sauce. YUM!
1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 avocado, topping
6 Medium flour or corn tortillas
1/2 fresh radicchio, sliced thin
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1/4 red onion, sliced thin
1 serrano, seeded and minced
2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
1/2 cup queso fresco
PInch of salt and pepper
Sour Cream Sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 lime, juice only
Pinch of salt and pepper
- For the slaw, rinse and slice radicchio very thinly and toss with red pepper, sliced onion, sliced pepper, cilantro, a pinch of salt and pepper, and crumbled queso fresco.
- For the sour cream sauce, stir together lime juice and sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain chickpeas and rinse well. Then toss with olive oil, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add chickpeas to a medium skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until chickpeas turn crispy on the edges and brown a bit. You don’t need to cook them obviously so just look for some nice color and crispiness to them, maybe 5-6 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove chickpeas and add a few spoonfuls to a flour tortilla with the radicchio slaw, sour cream sauce, and fresh avocado.