This is a big enough salad to make a meal. Crispy bacon and chickpeas, plus cheddar, fresh crunchy veggies, and spinach and avocado. And you know it’s topped with ranch!
8-10 oz. bacon
1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
6 oz. cheddar cheese, cubed
2-3 stalks celery, chopped
4-5 radishes, chopped
1/2 red pepper, sliced
1 ripe avocado, sliced
Fresh baby spinach
- Chop bacon and add it to a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until bacon is crispy, stirring regularly. When bacon is browned and crispy, remove it from the skillet.
- While bacon is cooking, drain chickpeas well and rinse them. Then toss them with chili powder and paprika.
- When bacon is crispy, remove with a slotted spoon and let drain on a few paper towels. Then add seasoned chickpeas to the skillet with the bacon grease. Cook for about 5 minutes until chickpeas turn slightly browned and crispy. Remove them and drain on a few paper towels.
- While the bacon and chickpeas cook, you can prep your other ingredients. Chop veggies and cheddar and divide spinach and veggies on plates.
- Divide bacon and crispy chickpeas between salads and drizzle each salad with ranch dressing. Serve as an appetizer or pile it high and make a dinner out of it!