The easy trick for how to make crispy breakfast potatoes! Once you try making breakfast potatoes this way, you’re breakfasts will be forever changed.
Breakfast Potato Seasoning:
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2) Cut potatoes in half or in quarters depending on size and boil them for 10-12 minutes until they are fork tender.
3) Drain potatoes and let cool briefly. Then use something flat to smash each potato piece. No need to smash it really hard or it will fly apart. Try to keep the pieces together if you can.
4) Drizzle two baking sheets with some olive oil and place them in the oven to heat for 2-3 minutes.
5) Remove baking sheets and use a spatula to slide smashed potatoes onto the oiled sheets. Again, don’t worry if the potatoes fall apart some. Season potatoes well with breakfast potato seasoning mix.
6) Bake potatoes for 15 minutes. Then remove and flip potatoes. Season with more seasoning and bake for another 15 minutes until the potatoes are really crispy.
Serve the potatoes while warm with eggs on the side and garnished with fresh scallions.