These crispy Baked chicken drumsticks are a great way to fake fried chicken without the mess. Juicy and delicious! Try the pancetta peas on the side to round out the plate!
Peas with Pancetta:
- To marinate chicken, combine buttermilk, parsley, thyme, garlic, and paprika in a bowl or sealable bag. Add chicken and coat well. Marinate the chicken for at least an hour but overnight is best.
- When ready to cook preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a baking rack on a baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, oregano, salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Remove chicken from marinade and shake off any excess buttermilk. Then coat well with the breadcrumb mixture and transfer to baking rack.
- Bake chicken drumsticks for 30 minutes, then flip and bake for another 25-30 minutes until they are very crispy on the exterior or an internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove chicken and let rest while you make the peas.
For peas: Cook the pancetta in a medium saucepan over medium heat until it releases fat and gets a bit crispy. Add peas and lemon juice and stir until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Add butter and parsley and serve immediately!