Perfect with just enough cream cheese and jam. The muffin is sweet, tangy, and crunchy thanks to granola streusel.
Cream Cheese Filling:
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For granola topper, stir together ingredients and set aside for later.
2) For cream cheese layer, add softened cream cheese and other ingredients to a small bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Set aside for later.
3) To start batter, add softened butter and sugar to a medium bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Then add eggs one at a time and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
4) Add half of the dry ingredients to the creamed butter, followed by the milk, followed by the last of the dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
5) Line 12 muffin tins with wrappers or lightly butter the tins. Add exactly 1 tablespoon of muffin batter to the bottom of each muffin. Top with 1 tablespoon cream cheese filling (you might have some left over). Top with 1 teaspoon fruit jam and another tablespoon of muffin batter to cover the filling. If you have any batter left, you can distribute it between the muffins.
6) Top muffins evenly with granola topper.
7) Bake muffins at 375 degrees F. for 20-23 minutes until they are puffed and golden brown around the edges. Let cool before serving. Store leftover muffins in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days.