Easy crab dip stuffed and baked into a French loaf. A great party appetizer! Perfect for New Years!
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
8 oz. lump crab meat
1 clove minced garlic
1 tablespoon half and half
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
2 tablespoons minced scallions
1 large French Bread loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mashed together all ingredients for dip until they are evenly combined.
- Use a small knife to cut the top off the French bread loaf. Make a boat in the loaf but leave some bread on the bottom. Don’t make it too thin.
- Fill the loaf with the crab dip.
- Cover loaf in foil and bake for 15 minutes. Then uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove and dust loaf with extra Old Bay and more minced scallions.
- Serve loaf with crackers or the sliced up top of the loaf. Serve while warm.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-fuf.