1) For salsa, combine chopped ingredients in a medium bowl and add lime juice. Season with salt and set aside until needed.
2) Stir together dry ingredients for griddle cakes in a medium bowl.
3) Add buttermilk, egg, and melted butter. Stir until combined and then fold in sweet corn and green chiles.
4) In a large cast iron skillet, heat rice bran oil over medium heat. Once hot, add batter in 1/4 cup amounts. Let fry for about 3 minutes per side. Gently flip.
5) When cakes are done frying, remove and let dry on a paper towel.
Serve griddle cakes with sour cream and big spoonfuls of pepper salsa.