Layers of phyllo dough are topped with lots of summer vegetables and blue cheese makes for a perfect and fancy dinner.
1) Thaw phyllo dough slowly in the fridge. Remove and unroll the dough, being careful to not break up the thin layers. When not working with a layer, keep the stack covered with a damp paper towel so they don’t dry out.
2) Melt butter in a small dish.
3) Add one layer of dough to a baking sheet and brush lightly with butter. No need to cover the whole sheet, just do some strokes in each direction. Add another layer on top and brush again. Repeat until you have a stack of phyllo dough 12-14 layers thick.
4) Brush top layer with butter or olive oil.
5) Top phyllo stack with trimmed and washed asparagus stalks. The thin stalks work better for this recipe.
6) Add corn kernels and halved grape tomatoes to the tart also. Then top with blue cheese and season with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
7) Bake the dish at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until it’s very crispy around the edges.
8) Slice and serve!