My kids and I have all become addicted to RX Bars. They are so easy to eat on the go and have great nutrition. I thought I would try to make a big batch on my own and they turned out excellent! Try out my homemade Chocolate and Sea Salt RX Bars for a great kid snack or after workout pick-me-up!
- Add nuts to a food processor and pulse until they are in a coarse meal. Mix with egg white protein powder and cocoa powder.
- Working in a few batches, depending on the size of your food processor, add dates and the dry ingredients to the processor and pulse until it combined. Transfer to a bowl and repeat with all the dates and dried ingredients.
- The mixture will probably be too dry to stick together on its own. Add almond milk until the mixture just sticks together, probably 1/4 cup. Mix well and knead the dough to combine.
- Press dough into a 9×13 pan lined with wax paper. Try to make the bars an even layer. Sprinkle liberally with salt.
- The bars will be easiest to cut if you let them rest in the fridge for an hour or so.
- Cut the bars into 15 bars and wrap individually in wax paper.
The bars will keep well in the fridge for up to two weeks.