Infuse your steak with lots of flavor by marinating it after it is cooked! I do that using a nice peanut sauce for this noodle bowl!
For sauce, mince garlic and ginger and juice limes. Combine all ingredients in a small food processor and pulse until smooth. You can also mince the garlic and ginger very finely and whisk together ingredients. Taste the sauce and adjust to your liking.
1) For steak, season well with salt and pepper. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat and once hot, sear steak for about 4-5 minutes per side until it’s cooked through medium rare. Time may vary a bit depending on the thickness of your steak. It should hit an internal temperature of about 130 degrees F. for medium rare.
2) Once steak is cooked, remove from the pan and add steak to a bowl. Drizzle a few tablespoons of the peanut sauce in with the steak, cover, and let marinade for 20-30 minutes.
3) Cook your rice noodles according to the package. When they are done, rinse with cold water to stop the cooking and toss with a tablespoon of sesame oil.
4) Slice up cucumber into half coins, grate carrot and broccoli stalk.
5) when you’re ready to make the bowls, divide noodles between four bowls and drizzle in some of the reserved peanut sauce (not the sauce with the steak). Slice steak into thin strips (it should be room temperature or slightly cold).
6) Top each bowl with sliced cucumbers, grated veggies, and other toppings. Serve extra sauce on the side.