Real cold brewed coffee is one of the best summer treats. It takes some times, but it’s completely worth it.
Cold-brew Starter (for lack of a better word)
1 part coarsely ground coffee. Freshly ground is best.
4 parts room temperature water.
Cold-brewed Iced Coffee:
1 part coffee starter
1 part water (adjust the ratio depending on how strong you like your coffee, but a 1-to-1 ratio makes for a pretty good starting point.)
Ice (If you want to get really crazy you can pour 1 part water and 1 part coffee starter into ice cube trays and freeze it. Then you're coffee will stay equally delicious throughout the glass.)
Sugar and cream (optional)
1) Pulse coarsely ground coffee in grinder for a few seconds.
2) Add room temperature water slowly and give the mixture a stir to make sure that there aren’t a lot of clumps.
3) Let this sit at room temperature covered for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
4) Strain twice – line a sieve with a normal coffee filter and pour it through slowly. Try not to press down on it or anything.
5) Use this mixture to make a cold-brewed iced coffee.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-1UO.