A coffee and cream custard on a graham cracker crust. The whole things is topped with a simple chocolate topping.
1) Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil, laying a sheet in both directions.
2) Combine crumbled crackers, butter, and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Pack mixture into baking pan and use a flat instrument (measuring cup) to press the crust down until it’s flat.
3) Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes and then cool.
4) For filling, add room temp coffee and sugar to a mixing bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over liquid and let sit for 5 minutes.
5) Add other filling ingredients and mix either with a hand mixer or stand mixer with whisk attachment until the filling is smooth.
6) Pour filling into graham cracker crust.
7) Bake in a hot water bath for 45 minutes at 325 degrees.
8) Cool at room temperature for 2 hours, then cover and chill in fridge for an hour.
9) For topping, melt chocolate and butter together over a double boiler or in the microwave if you’re careful. Let chocolate cool a bit and then pour over cream bars and spread out evenly.
10) Chill until chocolate hardens, 30 minutes to an hour.
11) Lift up foil to remove bars. The foil should peel right off.
12) Slice with a hot knife and wipe the knife clean between each slice if you’re concerned with having really clean slices.
13) Serve in cupcake cups.