These easy and delicious truffles have a light rice krispy base and are coated with chocolate and fun toppings. Easy to make and so fun!
1/4 cup coconut oil
10 ounces marshmallow
5 cups rice krispies cereal
10 ounces chocolate, melted
Shredded coconut (topping)
Sesame Seeds (topping)
Coarse sugar (topping)
- Melt coconut oil and marshmallows in a large pot over medium-low heat. Stir regularly until marshmallows are completely melted and a single consistency. Stir in rice krispies cereal. Stir well to combine.
- Transfer treats to a medium baking dish. Allow to cool in the fridge for at least 20-30 minutes.
- When treats are cold, remove and use a spoon to make medium balls out of the treats. Use your hands to really compact the rice krispies so they are fairly dense. Place formed truffles on a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper. Repeat until all your treats are used. You should get about 30.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler until it’s just melted. If you want to get fancy you can temper the chocolate so it holds it’s shape at room temperature. I recommend following The Kitchn walkthrough on tempering chocolate as I’m far from an expert.
- Dip the truffles in the chocolate, coating half of each truffle. Right after it comes out, sprinkle each truffle liberally with either coarse sugar, sesame seeds, or coconut. Store in the fridge if you want them chilled, but they are also good at room temperature!