Cinnamon Crunch Croutons made by baking cubes of leftover bread spiced with some cinnamon and sugar makes for a perfect breakfast cereal topper.
1) Cube bread into 1/4 inch cubes. Lay bread cubes out on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 10 minutes at 325 degrees to lightly dry out the bread.
2) Melt butter in the microwave. Toss the dried bread cubes with the butter until the bread is well coated. Sprinkle in 2 Tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and toss bread with cinnamon and sugar.
3) Return bread to baking dish and sprinkle with extra cinnamon and sugar to coat well.
4) Bake for 15-20 more minutes at 325. Turn the croutons once or twice while cooking.
5) Let croutons cool completely to make them extra-crispy.
6) Use croutons as a topping for cereal or granola!